Advice for a professor.


One of my alt guilds last night finally killed Mythic Argus.I am an adjunct professor at a University in California.One of my students this morning came to me and told me that they had a family emergency over the weekend. Because of that, he was unable to get the work that is due today done, BUT he will have it to me by the end of the day.What he doesn't know.. is that we are in the same guild, and last night after the raid he asked us what he should tell his professor about the coursework he didn't get done due to the massive push over the weekend. And, I gave him the advice, that telling a professor, there was a family emergency usually works.Now my question for you guys is. Should I say something like.. "I'm glad my advice worked and the professor fell for it" When I see him on before he even tells me? my student know I play wow I just think it would be fun to do something with this.